About Me

My photo
I am a wife to a wonderful husband, a mom to two beautiful boys. I have two stubborn, needy dogs. I don't have many hobbies. Im currently unemployed but so happy to be a SAHM. I'm thankful everyday for all that God has provided and all that He has blessed me with.

Monday, November 5, 2012

Life is rough....

4 weeks today. The days aren't much easier. The pain has definitely become more manageable but it's all still very raw. I cried watching a mom sing to her baby. I will never get to do that again with Urijah. He used to sleep on mu chest when i sang Jesus Loves Me. i got to hold him 5 times. My heart exploded with joy every time I held him.

The human part of me wants to continue questioning. I don't understand why God brought me so far in my pregnancy, why I endured so much,  just to take him from us.  Why is it that so many who don't want children are able to have them and the only thing I long for is to be a parent and I'm being denied. Then I have to remember God has a bigger plan in place and its not for me to understand. It's so hard though. The trials of this life are so overwhelming. I'm not sure how anyone does this without faith in God.

I find it hardest when I'm alone. That's when I cry. Steve is working late tonight and without him here, my mind wanders. The pain becomes more intense and I find myself breaking. I want to scream at the top of my lungs to see if it makes me feel better. Instead, I just curl up in the nursery and hold his bear and talk to him.

People marvel at my strength and a lot of the time it's a mask.  I laugh at appropriate times and smile when needed.  I don't know what people expect when they come to talk with me. Very rarely do people ask about him. They pretend nothing happened and many just avoid me. I don't know what's worse, avoiding me or pretending he never existed. They both hurt. I have had people I've called friends not even bother to call, text, Facebook or email. I have found who my true friends and family are and I will keep them close.

He would be two months old soon. We were so close. Another 5 weeks and he could have potentially come home. I miss him more every day. He was supposed to be my rainbow baby. I miss his little cry. When I first heard it, it brought tears to my eyes. I was so happy. I would give anything to hear his little cry, see his beautiful smile. He had this smell. I could have recognized it anywhere and now I can't remeber what it was like. I long to smell it again.

I do not regret a second I got to spend with him. I would gladly carry him again, endure the stress, pain, and tears just to have him with me. A huge piece of my heart is missing and that is something I'm going to have to learn to live with. I wish there was a manual for stuff like this but since there isn't I'm having to do a lot of learning along the way.

I was honored to be his mother, I was blessed to have met him and I'm so happy that someday I will get to see him again. He brought so much joy to my life. He will always be loved.

4 comments:

  1. It brought tears to my eyes reading this.
    I hate to see others suffer.
    Rest assured that Uri will never be forgotten. He made a difference in so many lives and he will forever be a little warrior in my eyes.
    I think people may avoid bringing him up bc they don't know what to say and are scared of offending or being too cliche.
    Please mourn, vent, and cry in any way you see fit. There is no way to prepare for such tragedies.
    I am also glad that you have faith in God and I hope praying brings you peace.
    I'm here if you ever need to talk. No mask needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many missed opportunities...

    I've replayed many times in my mind the first & only kiss I got to give my grandson, Urijah Mathew Ohman. I love his name! It breaks my heart over & over again to think that I didn't even know that this moment was going to be the last time I going to see him. I only wish I would have stayed longer. I thank God for giving me another cherished moment in life that I will never forget.

    Thank you for giving me the precious gift of being Urijah's "mapa". No greater joy! (3 John 1:4)

    Any time, any place you need me, I want to be there for you (even if it's in my silence). I wish I could wrap you up in my arms and hold you at those times when you're alone and need a shoulder to cry on.

    I love you, baby girl, always & forever!

    Your mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Selina (it seems weird to call you Selina and not smox.) I am jenie from the BB app. I hope blogging will bring you peace. Maybe being able to get your feelings out will help with the healing process Pease know I think and pray for you often. Your sweet Urijah has a special place in my heart!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I love you. This has been the hardest thing that's ever happen to me. I cry sometimes because I never got to see him or hold him. Sometimes I hate going to work because I'll walk around and look at all the toys I'll never be able to get him. Sometimes I'll be playing with Zo and she'll do something that just melts my heart and then I cry for you. My whole relationship with the Lord has changed. Most of the time I go to Him in prayer and have nothing to tell him besides that He's a Meanie and then I just hope that He doesn't get mad. I'm so afraid that He's going to take Zo from me so I find myself begging Him at night, while she sleeps, to let her stay. Sometimes I want to call the hospital up and start yelling at everyone. Zo and I pray every night before she goes to bed and we always ask the Lord to bless you with Urijahs brothers and sisters. God is faithful and so I hold onto that.

    ReplyDelete